VP of Technology
We are seeking a VP of Technology to lead a team of engineers across multiple locations. You will lead, manage, and inspire the engineering team to develop a next-generation Search targeting Ad and Insights Platform. The existing team includes senior engineers and data scientists who have significant experience building high scale data processing platforms with highly performant Machine learning systems.
The candidate should show strong leadership, ability to mentor senior engineers and provide oversight of the engineering process and policy. Hiring highly talented Scala engineers will be a key responsibility and experience in this area is vital. Willingness to travel to Kiev on a regular basis will also be a requirement. Most importantly, the candidate should have a passion for building and delivering high scale, performance-oriented machine learning systems in Scala. This role will be a key member of the senior leadership team and will work with the COO to provide technology strategy to drive business success.
- Develop and execute our technology strategy with a clear vision of the long-term roadmap
- Lead and inspire our technology team in London and Kiev to deliver the product and technology roadmap on time and within budget
- Provide direction on how to architect and develop the new search insights and ad execution platform(s) and future enhancements
- Manage effective development, delivery and operation of our technology products
- Manage risk and compliance across our technology offering
- Develop financial budgets which align to our roadmap, managing expenses to optimize cost across programs
- Establish, monitor and manage to key performance indicators as well as organizational/departmental goals in order to drive a high-performance culture
- Build open, collaborative and trusting relationships across our business and with our executive team
- Provide direction to third-party service organizations that mirror the mission and core values of our company
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices to inform our own technology strategy and vision
- Own all aspects of Technology @ Captify, from Engineering, to Security, to Infrastructure and Internal Support
- Negotiate with 3rd party vendors to ensure that Captify consistently receives the best products/services for the lowest possible cost.
- Show excellent technical knowledge with the ability to mentor senior engineers
- Lead the team by example, providing a team ownership structure
- Follow Agile processes for rapid deployment of our product
- Build to the product team roadmap and tech with expectation for rapid evolution of requirement
- Recruit, coach and develop a team of architects, software and infrastructure engineers
- Experience leading teams of 40+ engineers
- Highly skilled engineering background with Scala, Spark and Machine learning
- Focus on rapid development through iteration over long oversized projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Ability to work with the executive management team to build the roadmap for Engineering
- Ability to influence and guide a cross-cultural and cross-continental team
- A clear global outlook with experience understanding the different needs of regional markets
- Strong coaching/feedback skills and values
- A strong leader and a great communicator
Captify powers decisions globally through Search Intelligence. Captify’s unique Semantic Technology analyses billions of searches to power insights and media across all channels and on every device. Captify’s actionable insights play a crucial role for brands and advertisers; revealing macro world trends, consumer interests, inner-life behaviors and intent signals to power decisions across media and marketing.
To date, Captify has raised $15 million in investment and backed by Panoramic Growth Equity and Smedvig Capital. In NYC, London, Paris, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Atlanta, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston and Kiev, a global team of 200 are powering record company growth and disrupting the global ad tech scene.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- 22 days vacation allowance plus your birthday, national holidays, and depending on company performance, the Christmas period (4-5 days).
- Flexible working hours.
- Medical & Dental package plus gym membership benefits and Citibike benefits.
- Amazing office culture: Old English style pub in the office, pet-friendly office, and awesome team events
- Excellent, open-planned office in the heart of NY
OUR COMPANY VALUES:
- Building This Together
- Give A Shit
- Unlimited Potential
- Fail Fast to Succeed Faster
Captify is an equal opportunity employer.
We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our Company, and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.